Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 7, 2013

I'll be playing Eliza Doolittle in "My Fair Lady!"


After a brief hiatus from the stage, I'll be returning to my musical theater roots to play Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady at the Shubert Theater in New Haven, CT on January 25, 2014!

The show unites Yale alumni -- undergrads and graduates of the Yale School of Drama alike -- for two semi-staged readings of the beloved musical. The twist is that it will be performed as a radio play, with live sound effects by real Foley artists happening live onstage. Rehearsal is a one-week whirlwind in the week leading up to the show, so it's going to be a bit of an adventure! Both the matinee and evening performances will be recorded for airplay on NPR.

Do you want to come see it? Tickets just went on sale, and I've been told they sell out quickly for this type of performance (last year the same production group put on Kiss Me Kate). If you're interested, please click here or call (800) 745-3000!

In case you're curious, this project is perfectly emblematic of the type of performing I'm hoping to pursue at this point in my career: interesting, enriching projects that will take me outside my comfort zone (Cockney accent! soprano singing! Yale alumni!). I'm not back to pounding the pavement, audition-wise, but I'm certainly open to doing really cool theater stuff.

Okay! That is all.

More info coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I LOVE My Fair Lady!
    I wish I live anywhere near where it's playing...
    Australia is a bit far I think!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete