Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mika is basically the coolest person who ever lived

Dudes. Get ready for unadulterated awesome.

Singer-songwriter Mika has just released a kick-ass single...and it mixes "Popular" into the chorus! I'm talking "Popular" from Wicked, y'all. I have special love for this because, (1) Ariana Grande duets with him, and she's great, (2) Mika reminds me of an attractive British man named Stefano with whom I once attended college, so sometimes I imagine we're secret friends, (3) musical theater is officially taking over the world, in a good, non-apocalyptic way.

Anyway, the single is called "Popular Song" and it's basically the coolest thing ever; the music video is all Tim Burton-y and sexy and empowering, somehow at the same time. Click below to give it a listen, or click here to buy it on iTunes.


4 comments:

  1. It's very cool. The 2nd National Tour Glinda's did a cover of it at a benefit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeMOGUcIxQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^KCheno also did it live with Mika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you for introducing me to this song, it's had absolutely NO airplay in the UK at all - unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that song! Did you know that Lindsay Mendez and the rest of the Wicked cast during her rein as Elphaba made a lip-dub of 'Popular Song'? It was EPIC! Seriously, it was the most hilarious thing I had ever seen. If you haven't seen it, you should look it up!

    ReplyDelete