Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wanna fight me?

Sometimes I publicly allude to the fact that I lift heavy weights, like here, or here, or in this blog's author bio (look down and to the left!).

This post is another one of those times!

Because a foundational principle of blogging is that one should provide a window into all moments of one's life -- the fascinating, the mundane -- here is a video that my boyfriend Gentle Rambo insisted on filming. It's of me deadlifting 150 pounds for three reps -- the final set of lifts in a series of three -- and I guess I look sort of cool.

(Fortunately he cuts it right before I turn to the camera and make a truly heinous, "I want to go home now" face, equal parts "I'm constipated" and "I just relieved myself," which is a confusing and rather paradoxical place to be, emotionally and spiritually.)

But, okay, fine, I joke or whatever, but I'll admit it -- I'm sort of proud!


3 comments:

  1. Where's the video of the ambulance ride which followed?!

    (I don't know how to leave my name, but maybe I shouldn't anyway!)

    But seriously, very impressive! And hopefully no hernia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, totally bad-ass!

    New life goal: clean-and-press Gentle Rambo himself, though who would film it....

    Here's an actua question: Do you focus mostly on lifting, or do you intersperse cardio? Balancing ST & cardio is, for some reason, SO HARD for me. [whine whine whine]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have every right to be proud, Felicia....but, let's give Marshall some credit, too, for his fine training skills!
    Maybe wearing that heavy Act II dress had some benefit, after all!

    ReplyDelete