Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 18, 2011

My book is for sale! (with a few disclaimers)

Hey, friends! If you live in the U.S. you can now pre-order your (signed!) copy of Unnaturally Green. Click here or think really hard about the book and maybe it will materialize in front of you.

And apologies to my international friends for not being able to pre-order yet! The book will be available through Amazon.com's global shipping very soon.

Are you confused? Here's a quick Q&A about the book's distribution:

Q: Why is Unnaturally Green not yet available to all corners of the globe? The short answer: because it'll cost tons of money to ship worldwide right now. Shipping worldwide will eventually be available (just not right now) (for reasons too boring and complicated to explain).

Q: When will it be available to everybody to order online? Probably 7 or so days before October 14, pending Amazon.com's listing of the book.

Q: Why the lag time? Because I'm sort of making up this book distribution thing as I go. There are several sales channels that my publishing site is going to open up to me, but it takes time.

Q: Is the book going to be available in bookstores on October 14? Nope. (Sorry.) It's much harder to get it distributed to stores, especially by a release date. But the good news is that if you're able to ask me about it online you're able to order the book! Via various links and online stores that I'll post up the wazoo on all Unnaturally Green's various sites.

Q: Will it be available as an e-book? If so, on which devices? Unnaturally Green will be downloadable to your Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.

Q: You say order by October 4 to get your copy by October 14. So will some people receive their copies before October 14? Probably. It's an inexact science. I'm going to try to honor the release date but I also don't want you to miss it, so I'll probably be an early bird and send out the copies as soon as I can. Think of it as a sneak peek!

Post other questions in the comment section below and I'll do my best to amend the post and answer them.

Much love!
--FLR

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought about contacting Dress Circle (Theatre Showbiz Shop in London) about stocking a few copies of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought your book in the german kindle store (read: www.amazon.de). I was sad I did not get a chance to see you a second time as Elphaba in SF.

    Regards
    Markus

    ReplyDelete