Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BOOK ALMOST THERE AAAH OMG

In what will be remembered historically as one of the most drawn-out lead-ins of all time, I am happy to say that today, July 6, 2011, I am GOING TO FINISH MY BOOK, Y'ALL!

Well. A draft, anyway.

I submit for evidence the pile of legal pads (above) that have been strewn about my couch for the past several weeks. Midway through writing I switched to exclusively using a pen and paper and have lately been transcribing 3,000+ words a day onto my computer. My hands by this point are basically fists with nubbins. I haven't slept. I haven't left my apartment except to empty my bedpan. Only kidding. I make someone else empty my bedpan.

So let it be here writ! I'll be done with my final draft before the stroke of midnight tonight! I don't know about you, but for me, this is great great news!

The not-as-good news? Finishing my draft means it will be time to EDIT. But, don't worry, I'm going to edit like a MOFO. I've enlisted the help of two editor friends who are going to whip this 70,000-word gobbledy-gook-fest into shape so we can get it PUBLISHED, y'all.

Then, while I keep you abreast of the publishing process, I'll (finally!) send out my book's trailer, other related goodies and start accepting writing contest submissions! (<-- More formal announcement about this, via my mailing list and blog, coming soon!)

In the meantime, tell your friends! If you're as excited about UNNATURALLY GREEN as I am, you can help me get the word out.

Thanks for listening, and I'll continue to keep you posted.

Love and legal pads and bedpans,
Felicia

2 comments:

  1. YES!!! You're awesome - keeping this short and simple so you can go back to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm cheering you on all the way to the finish line. I'm so excited! :-)

    ReplyDelete