Total Pageviews

Friday, May 21, 2010

A million apologies! (BUT HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS THIS WEEKEND)

It's been two whole weeks since my last post!  I feel nothing but boiling, festering guilt, tantamount only to that of Catholics the world over.  (I was raised Catholic, so I'm allowed to make this slightly controversial analogy.  And I get extra points because once I participated in a dramatic reenactment of the birth of Christ during Christmas mass.  I was the Virgin Mary and my older brother played Joseph.  My costume was a heavy sheet of blue felt that had no arm holes, so all I could do was hold my hands in prayer and nod my head.  Luckily, I decided to make my Virgin Mary very agreeable and very holy.  It was one of the weirder things I've done, and not just because my brother was playing my husband.)

In any event: I do have a good excuse for not writing!  One is that I got pretty darn sick over the past week (including on my birthday, May 16 (boo hoo!)) and, as we've all known at one time or another, it's basically impossible to be productive once you decide to live in your pajamas, eat peanut butter from the jar, and watch YouTube videos of people falling off ladders on repeat.  

But, for those wondering, I am 100% better now after having rested, spiked my protein intake, and gotten my fill of schadenfreude. 

But sadly, I must cut this post short, as tonight I am planning on an early bedtime.  Tomorrow begins my truly insane weekend!  How so, you ask? Well, if you must know, I'm probably going to be spending a lot of time at the theater this weekend... doing theater-related things... acting and singing and stuff... and my family's here to see it.  Want more info on what exactly I'm talking about in sloppily cryptic drivel?  Email my webmaster at felicia@feliciaricci.com!

More soon! I triple million infinity promise this time!

Goodnight, little chickadees,
Felicia.


13 comments:

  1. Your brother was your husband? How Biblical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Felicia!
    I'm happy to hear that you are feeling 100% better now. It's going to be a great weekend for you. I'm looking forward to watching you tomorrow. Break legs... not brooms! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one raised Catholic to another, no prob. Just stay healthy and have a good show or two or more, your family's counting on it. (no pressure either) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun this week and I'm glad you're feeling beter better because I have missed your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll see you Saturday night from second row center aisle, doing those theater-related things (I hope -- I assume you're not talking about the plaza with the crazy homeless people next to the Orpheum, because I don't have a ticket for that ...). Break legs!

    Oh, I would like to request one song in German. That shouldn't be a problem, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I clicked on one of the Catholic adds due to content in your post that appeared on the side. Is this a good buy? >Transparent Virgin Mary filled with Lourdes Water $30.87
    (You don't have to approve this comment to appear. i just thought it humorous about the adds that showed up)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were quite an amazing Blessed Mother and you will be equally splendiferous this weekend (doing whatever theatre-related activities which may or may not involve a broom and flight)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I was raised Catholic too, I'd forgotten about the joys of Christmas mass... I dropped baby Jesus one year! Have a good weekend of theatre related... stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better!!! :o) This is your big weekend! Go out there and Defy Gravity each performance! Don't break anymore brooms this time, ;) I wish SF was much closer, but I did see Wicked this week with your SF pals again and they didn't disappoint! :)

    good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Felicia, here's to many broken limbs at the end of your cryptic, theater-related weekend. Enjoy the hell out of it.

    [I love that there are 5 Catholic-themed Google ads next to these comments. As a practicing ('til perfect) Catholic, I don't really mind.]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you posted it. Lol. There they are again>>
    (No offense, I hope from my comment)

    Again, hope you rock! <my line of work

    FLY! < yours

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tried to post this couple of hours ago on my Android but accidentally deleted before posting (stupid touch keys)
    Felicia,you are truly the Queen of the Amusing Tangent. Thanks for another great blog and for teaching me a new word (schadenfreude. I swear if this blog were in existence when I took the SATs I would have scored 50pts higher on verbal).
    Now please be telling the truth when saying you will blog more, because as the Flander's kid from the Simpsons says, "Lies make Baby Jesus Cry."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just caught you in Wicked today (Sunday 23rd), and YOU ROCKED!! I hope your fam was in the stands; they would have been proud!

    ReplyDelete