Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Miracle at the Orpheum: First Flight Fusilage

So remember that time when, during my Elphaba debut, I broke the broom right before the end of "Defying Gravity"?  As luck would have it, a very generous special effects higher-up heard my story, took pity on me, and decided to let me keep part of the broken broom!  Behold!  The top half of my Elphaba broom!

According to my calculations, this is the very same prop broom that has been used since WICKED's opening in Los Angeles three years ago, having passed through the greenified hands of such Elphaba greats as Eden Espinosa, Teal Wicks, Vicki Noon and others!  If you look closely, you'll find green pigmentation stuck in the wood's grooves, that, presumably, is from the green makeup painted on Elphaba's hands:


Even better, the special effects coordinator man, named Chic, likened my miraculous first flight to the Miracle on the Hudson, and included in his package to me the following notes (click to enlarge):

Special thanks to our head props dude, Kyle, for passing along these wonderful goodies! As you'd probably guess, said souvenirs will be displayed proudly over my fireplace, except I don't have a fireplace, and since I am New York-based, I probably never will.

Ever yours,
Felicia.

10 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. I would've wanted it too! Definitely a souvenir to keep around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I'm quite impressed that that broom went strong for 3 years... and then the first time you lay hands on it, it breaks! ;) Got some skillz there, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the good news is you get to keep it as a souvenier! The bad, I guess would be you broke the spree of 3 years! ;) Still a very cool souvenier! Err I otta say a goose struck it and broke it for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special memento! Many exciting accompanying tales are sure to thrill all future adorable, green progeny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's something of special importance you'll have for years to come. It definitely deserves a place of honor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's definitely an awesome Wicked memorabilia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly wish the broom my mother-in-law uses for as her single mode of transport would have a mishap...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm certain that there are many who share the above sentiments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so awesome that they gave you the broom!

    I'm hoping to see the matinee this Saturday. Not sure if you usually come out between shows, but I'll keep an eye out for you at the stage door if I'm there!

    ReplyDelete