Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Greenification!

One thing is certain: it takes a village to raise an Elphaba.  Yesterday afternoon, before my Elphaba put-in (what's a put-in?), I underwent my first official transformation from pasty white Irish though mostly and implausibly Italian girl to one who is UNNATURALLY GREEN!  And, let me tell you, I had a lot of help: Basically, beginning at one half hour before the show, our makeup designer and wig supervisor, along with a handful of other helpful folk, enter the Elphaba dressing room to preen, paint, prod, prepare, and do other things that start with P, maybe even play piano.  It was thrilling!  But also kind of strange.  Like being the main attraction at a weird interactive zoo.

In any event, my ├╝bermensch boyfriend was there to document the whole experience!  So, behold! I give you: the GREENIFICATION!  (Click on photos below to enlarge.)









19 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Felicia, you transformed into an adorable Elphaba!!!
    Let me add another P....I'm sure you will be Phenomenon when you hit the spot (green) light.
    P.S. I’ve passed on the mall info to Twickies for support. Thank you.
    Go Girl, Break a leg....or, defying gravity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing!!!!! I'm so happy and excited for you Felicia!! You are so beautiful in green!!!! :) I can't wait to see as Elphaba, hopefully it will be soon!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulotions, girl! You are an adorable Elphie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. who sings the last note for Kendra in Thank Goodness? Is it Libby? I'm dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting. You make one good looking green girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! You look great in green, and we're all (I'm sure...) looking forward to hearing full details about the put-in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazified by your wondriful greenification! You are a beautiful Elphie and you will defy gravity beyond splendiferous expectation!!!
    With everlasting love,
    Momphaba

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for continuing to share your journey with us! Love the pictures, you're an adorable Elphie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Elphie!! Congratulotions! You look great in green!!! I can't wait to see you perform soon! Much love, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! You look good in green must be exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Felicia. Thanks for sharing your greenification pics. You look lovely! Congrats on your put-in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look positively emerald! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, dream come true for you! Hope your put-in = "POW"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make a beautiful Elphie. =)
    Hope the put-in went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Felicia, There's no option but to be repetitive here... Thanks for sharing, and you're adorable in green!! And as always, the 'Momphaba' rocks! So glad the put-in went well and you're feeling good about it all. The anticipation builds... !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, just saw Eden's tweet about having to bail out of Act I tonight and YOUR ELPHIE DEBUT as a result. Congrats! (Though not the way you probably expected it to happen.) Cannot wait for all the bloggerific details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS ON YOUR ACT II ELPHIE DEBUT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your Elphie debut tonight!

    ReplyDelete