Total Pageviews

Friday, February 5, 2010

Well, folks. This is it.

Back home now after watching the show from backstage one last time-- my last time as a spectator, before I join the cast!  That's right, it is the eve of my WICKED debut.  I know I've been terrible about keeping a running log of recent events, but I promise to do so retroactively.  The sad, but logical, truth is that in the busiest times -- when the most meaningful and juiciest stuff goes down -- I have much less time to blog about it!  So let it be here writ that I shall make amends and will fill in the blanks in due time.

In the meantime, allow me to post pictures I took from backstage!  One of the coolest parts of tonight that made everything seem more real than ever was that I have officially been allotted my own mirror station in the female ensemble's dressing room! This excited me greatly, and as such I was obsessed with taking photos of signage and other official confirmations of both my existence and my impending integration into the cast.  You'll see what I mean when you scroll down (pics!).

Tomorrow is going to be hectic (spacing rehearsal 12-1PM, put-in rehearsal 1-5PM, then WHAM-BANG--- the show at 8PM) so I'm going to keep this brief!  I am totally over-the-moon excited to be joining the cast of WICKED.  I must confess, today during several poignant moments ("Defying Gravity" (obvs), the curtain call, in particular) I got a bit emotional.  Everything is still so surreal and believe it or not, I haven't actually internalized the fact that all this is real...

But, folks.  This is it.  The next time I write I will have made my WICKED -- which is to say, professional -- debut.  Ee-yap!

And that concludes this week's episode of Felicia Goes Earnest And Makes Us Uncomfortable.  But if I can't be earnest now, when can I be! 

Diversionary tactic: pictures below with irreverent descriptions!  As always, thanks for reading.  I will provide a much more detailed account of everything (and answer a few reader questions) once I'm more settled.  Until then, dear friends...

I remain,
Felicia.

Photos below, top to bottom:1) Me looking my most attractive (in a wig cap!) in front of my brand-spankin'-new (well, new for me) mirror station! 2) The sign on our dressing room door.  Look, it is a label!  It has my name on it!  It is laminated!  How rapturous! 3) My laundry pouch (after every show the wardrobe team washes our unmentionables) and Emerald City green tights-- both have my name on them!  Outrageous! 4) Me, sans wig cap, alongside the cutie penguin note my next door mirror neighbor Fiama Fricano left for me.  5) Another picture of me in my mirror station.  Self-obsession WHAT? 6) Fiama's station.  I took this to illustrate what dressing room stations can be.  I'm excited to pick out little trinkets and decorative elements for my space.  I will be sure to chronicle this process in excruciating detail.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful information. Good luck on your first night! I am sure you will be great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have most wonderful first performance Ms. Wicked 3F! And many morrre.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. BREAK A LEG!!! I'm so proud of you!
    Liz G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how exciting! Put-in... and then finally, your first Wicked show... with a paying audience! Hope you get a full house tonight. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are SO proud of you, special daughter! We know that you will be outstanding tonight. Our love surrounds you every step of the way!
    Break a leg!
    With love everlasting,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy it! You'll do great. Thanks for your wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulotions on the up-coming professional debut - break a leg [and let us know how it all goes....a blur, i imagine but still....]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Break a leg! I'm sure you'll be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck Felicia! See you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Break a leg Felicia!!! I'll be seeing you next friday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Break a leg!!!! I'll be there tomorrow. Off topic question, what does the 3F that's next to your name stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Break a leg from Taiwan!!! Hopefully I'll see you once I return to SF. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your first show went well! I'm sure you did fabulously.

    ReplyDelete