Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Eden Espinosa will be our new Elphaba!

Hi hi!  Remember how I repeatedly used the phrase "blogoscopic fantasia" to describe today's post? Well, it's been postponed, slightly-- but for good reason!  Today, beginning at 1PM I have my first Elphaba staging rehearsal (I believe we're doing musical numbers first) and, as such, I've been really getting my booty in gear with line and lyric memorization.  Whether or not this is the expectation, I think it's way important for me to prepare as much as possible because, let me tell you, in becoming more acquainted with the script and score, I am realizing just how much of a beastly role Elphaba is, and I mean that in the best sense.

Oh, and this is SUPER FREAKING COOL: beginning March 2, Eden Espinosa will be San Francisco's new Elphaba!  Such an honor and treat to be able to understudy her, after also having been fortunate enough to watch Teal Wicks, who is ridiculously, mind-blowingly great.

In breaking news from Dork City, last night I took a photo of a wardrobe rack on which both Eden's and my Elphaba costumes were chilling out, side by side  Not sure if you'll be able to read the names unless you click on it, but nevertheless, behold!


That's all for now...  But soon, my friends, so soon.

Off to memorize,
Felicia.

P.S. Oh, last night Halle Berry was in the audience!  I thought that was kind of cool.

9 comments:

  1. That picture rocks. Congrats! By the way, not sure if this was asked - but i awlways wondered how they did the Boq/Tin Man transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how long Eden will be with the Company? She posted four months on her facebook, but im not sure when her last day is going to be. Do you happen do know Felicia? You're so lucky to understudy Eden! She is amazing. I seen her perform a lot during her run in LA, now i have to make a trip up to SF to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture's so cool! You totally need to post pictures of yourself in Elphaba costume, by the way. Good luck with your rehearsal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green hangers! Dorkascopic! Speaking of dork, why didn't I see Wicked when it was in LA?! Duh. Cool, Eden's back. But this is not about her, it's about you (respectfully)....hoping to do a gig up north sometime to stop by & see the show in SF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day, talented daughter! Your name in green---what a treat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I went to the show Friday night and you were great, you really were a stand out in the ensemble!!! At the stage door, I wanted to say hi and tell you how much I love your blog, however you were too busy saying "hello" to your boyfriend that I didn't wanted to interrupt you, so I'll guess I'll see you until the next time I'll hope, which I'm hoping will be pretty soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting, can't wait to see you perform!
    Felicia, how does the bloom fly over to Elphaba during the beginning of Defying Gravity?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazaaaah! Fantastic! I honestly cannot wait for you to perform! Would you happen to have a schedule for when you perform as Elphie? If so, could your humble followers know when you do? :}

    Also, I tend to dress as Elphie when I see the show….and I will be there on Teal’s last performance. Perhaps I will see you at the stage door? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, I've been on the edge of my seat for a week now. The suspense of waiting for said "blogoscopic fantasia" is killing me ... !

    ReplyDelete