Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sunny California

WICKED rehearsals roll on-- but, more pressingly: I need to buy an umbrella.  This has become one of those wholly un-fun but indisputably necessary errands that I have put off for so long that, by this point, it's almost too late for me ever to accomplish it.  Even though it has been raining nonstop, and is supposed to rain all week, and for the fact that umbrellas can never become obsolete (unless it turns out I am living in a weird doomsday film), I still have not been able to muster up the gumption to seek one out.  Umbrellas are mysterious.  Where does one buy an umbrella?  Walgreens?  Maybe.  But in terms of minimizing energy output, is it worth the risk to go look?  I mean, this is San Francisco!  I thought rain was to Californians what snow is to Texans!

Am I really this lazy, you ask?  Well, yes. I've been feeling totally pooped out from all the WICKED-ing.  But I think I'm over a hump in terms of learning staging, because we've officially completed the first pass through the ballroom dance scene.  And, to brighten things up, as of yesterday there are people here who are even newer than I am! As the stage manager (somewhat facetiously) put it to me: "you're last week's news."

The newbie cast members are Etai BenShlomo, who will be playing the role of Boq, and Jody Gelb, who will be playing the role of Madame Morrible.  Not sure when exactly they're scheduled to start performing, but I'm guessing it's a week or two after I do.

In other exciting news, on my day off I was able to stroll along the streets of what will be my new neighborhood, and I couldn't be more pleased!  I'll post two or three pictures from said stroll at the end of this post.

Well, that's all for now.  Just a brief update from the confines of my hotel room before I venture out into the Great San Francisco Torrent of 2010.  I am more or less a latter-day Shackleton, who also sings and dances.

Until next time,
Felicia.

P.S. Pics below!



9 comments:

  1. Great neighborhood! Looking forward to photographing San Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our city! Great blog, and I'm really looking forward to more. I'm a former stage manager who's now a web producer and a total Wicked geek, going monthly, so I hope to see you on stage soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I don't even live on the same continent as you (I'm a Londoner, so I've only ever seen the West End production) but I'm really enjoying reading about your rehearsal process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog! I live in an, unfortunately, still Wicked-less country in Europe. I love the way you write. Thanks for explaining all the terminology :-). I've got so many questions about things I always wondered about (like how many hours you rehearse and how many weeks you get to learn the part). Perhaps I'll read those things in your coming blogs. I definitely will be following this blog! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to San Francisco! Contrary to popular belief, it does rain in California, though this is the wettest year we’ve had in a few. I would defiantly get an umbrella. Thanks for writing this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicia, if you get desperate they sell "WICKED umbrellas" at the merch stand! :)

    Hope you're having a blast! I love reading your blog!

    Sarah (Shechtman)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to San Fran! It rains here a lot, more in SF than anywhere else in the Bay Area sometimes. Cant wait to see you perform! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Felicia,
    What a wonder blog and you are an excellent writer to document your journey. Huge Wicked fan here, seen the SF show on average once every 6 weeks. Just leaned about you joining the cast from Wicked fan site. WELCOME! Keep writing, you are building a fan base. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I anxiously look forward to reading all your new posts! Your writing is so witty. You've enlightened this avid theatre aficionado with your interesting behind-the-scenes experiences. I CAN'T WAIT to explore San Francisco and to be an audience member when you electrify the stage!

    ReplyDelete