Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Regarding the specifics of my ensemble track


Good morning, folks! Just jotting a quick reply to a submitted-via-comment question (as denoted by the elegant rendering of several QUESTION MARKS at left, an aesthetic choice I do not think I will make again) asking which vocal track I'll be singing in the ensemble.  This is a good question with a slightly complicated answer.  While I am taking over as Elphaba understudy, I am inheriting a combination of Angel Reda's vocal track and Laura Pugliese's staging track.  So with all group and unison singing, I dance as if I'm Laura and sing as if I am Angel (who is on the alto line).  For solo lines, however, which are assigned according to staging, I sing as if I'm Laura.  (This means I sing the solo: "I hear that she can shed her skin as easily as a snake" in "Thank Goodness.")

Thanks for the question, Anonymous (who may, for all we know, be a super hero).

Cheers,
Felicia.

7 comments:

  1. So who will be singing "no one cries they won't return!"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Isaac--

    There will indeed be a second person coming into the ensemble, although I am not sure of her name. She is not new to WICKED, but is rather a "universal swing"-- meaning she understudies many ensemble roles and travels between different WICKED companies. In any event, I'm pretty sure she will sing all of the solos that formerly belonged to Angel.

    --FR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Angel leaving the cast? Also, please make sure you share when you get fitted for the Elphaba costumes, especially the 30-pound Act 2 dress. How you're supposed to sing in that thing, I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agreed with Chris! Oh and I think it would be totally cool if you can photo-document your first "greenify" experience. Felicia, I am SOOOOOOO excited for you. Please let us know your first performance date. I would love to come see the end product of all these behind the scene preparation and hard-work. Take care of yourself, as you've brought New York weather with you. lol, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a superhero, but I wish I was, that would be totally cool! :( Thanks for answering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Felicia, thanks! It could be Brenda Hamilton, I know she's filled that track for an extended stint before when Courtney Corey (Elphaba u/s - LA) was out with some sort of injury.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey again guys! My first show should be the night of Feb 5, but I will let you know in more definite terms as soon as I do. And, yes, Angel is indeed leaving. As for all the Elphaba prep stuff, I will absolutely do my best to document the green-ifying, etc. More to come soon RE: costume fittings! Huzzah!

    --FR

    ReplyDelete